What is Security Key
The security key (UKEY) is a small electronic device that can be used for two-step verification of operations such as bit.com account login, fund withdrawals, and adding a withdrawal whitelist address. It provides an additional layer of security for accounts and assets.
- The security device is only supported on the bit.com web side. After enabling the security device login verification, you will not be able to login from bit.com app/API.
- If you turn on the security key withdrawal verification, you will need to verify your security key when adding whitelist withdrawal address, withdrawing funds, and transferring funds to Matrixport on the web. In addition, withdrawals from the App side and API side will not be available.
- You can bind multiple security keys at bit.com, up to a maximum of 5 security keys.
- If you bind more than one security key, you can use any of them to pass the verification.
How to Set up the Security Key
Click on the homepage [Personal Info] icon - [Security].
After entering the security page, roll down the page to the [Security Key] part, then click the [Enable] button.
Click the [Add New Key] button on the upper right corner.
Read the safety tips in the pop-up window and click [Next].
Follow the three steps below to enable your security key.
Step 1: Activate your security key
- Plug your security key into the USB port
- If your security key has a flashing button, please press the button or touch the golden position within 60 seconds. If the timeout is over, please try again.
- Click [Activate key].
Step 2: Set up a label for your security key
Step 3: Security verification
Enter the verification codes in the pop-up window, then click [Confirm].
Now you have activated the security key successfully.
How to Delete Your Security Key
Enter the security setting page, roll down to the [Security Key] part, then click the [Set] button on the right.
Find the security device you want to delete and click [Delete] on the right.
Click [Next] in the pop-up window.
Verify your security key in the 60s to proceed.
Now you have successfully deleted your security key.
1. If you only add one security key to your account, you will need to enter verification codes of email/text/GA when deleting the key.
2. If you lose your security key and cannot log in to bit.com, please contact our online customer support for help.